Diets don’t work, we know that, but there is a solution in these top tips for losing weight positively.
There will always be tempting ‘fad diets’, it’s a billion dollar industry with promises of rapid weight loss, after rapid weight loss comes rapid weight gain and you fall into the yoyo diet and ultimately put on more pounds. But you can follow these top tips for losing weight in a healthy way.
1. First and foremost – be positive about it. It is all about understanding which part of your brain has the bad habits and which one doesn’t overeat and naturally makes healthy choices. Having a positive mental attitude will keep you in the part of your brain which doesn’t overeat.
2. Focus on what you want to eat and can enjoy eating. Focussing on what you CAN’T have is back to negative thinking, this creates anxiety and sends you to the part of your brain which holds he bad habits and you will crave.
3. Your brain will only focus on the object in question, so if you tell yourself “I can’t have chocolate” all your brain will hear is chocolate chocolate chocolate and create a craving
4. Drink lots of water. Two reasons, firstly because the thirst and hunger signals get confused and you could be dehydrated, not hungry. Make sure it’s not thirst first and drink a glass of water every time you think you need to eat. Secondly, your fat cells need to be really hydrated in order for them to be flushed out of your body.
5. Don’t starve yourself or get over hungry. Doing that will give your body the impression that there is some sort of crisis, emergency or danger and send it into survival mode which will then cause it to retain energy cells (fat).
6. Deal with your stress. Stress and anxiety create cortisol, a stress hormone, which binds itself to fat and retains it. You can tell if you are retaining fat due to stress or anxiety because it tends to get stored around your middle.
7. Create serotonin. Serotonin is the off switch for your appetite. You can create Serotonin by being positive in three ways.
a. Thinking. See No1 above. Thinking positive, not only about eating habits, about life in general – deciding to be happy, thinking of solutions instead of problems and finding the silver lining are all examples of positive thinking – practice it.
b. Interaction. Spend time with people, join groups, glasses, go and see friends, phone people, whatever it takes to be with people. We are tribal and we need to be around others (not to the stalker extent obviously), but be on your own too much and you are more than likely to slip into your head, think negatively and boredom eat.
c. Activity. Yes this includes exercise, but also just doing stuff. Don’t mong out in front of the TV night after night, find things to do, get things done you’ve been meaning to do for ages, take up a hobby, you will be pleased with yourself and create Serotonin.
8. Find a new exercise activity you ENJOY. It’s really important you enjoy it because you are more likely to keep it up, get good at it and create serotonin. But not only that, it is simple maths, if you start to burn off more calories than you take in board, you will lose weight and in a healthy way because you will also be increasing your metabolism.
9. Get your head around the fact that it is a lifestyle change and change of attitude towards food. Do it because you want to change, do not take the attitude it’s just until you’ve got into those jeans or that dress. You can have a little of what you fancy in moderation, but realise this is for life not just for after Christmas.
10. Do NOT beat yourself up if you do have something you fancy from time to time or overeat something you know is unhealthy or bad for you – that will just send you to the negative part of your brain where your bad habits are which is also the bit which tends to think in terms of all or nothing, so it will tell you that you might as well give up! Just have it, then continue with your new habits the next day.
11. Stop thinking of bad habit foods as treats or rewards, you are sending your brain the wrong message. You may well have learnt that message as a child “eat all your dinner and you can have pudding”, be a good girl/boy and you can have an ice-cream or sweets. The most ridiculous thing I have witnessed it a small group of ladies going into a chip shop talking about how pleased they were that they had lost 2lbs, so decided to treat the self to the foods which had made them put on the weight in the first place – where is the sense in that. Change your mindset about it.
12. Another irrational thought pattern is believing you have to finish everything in your plate because of all the starving children in the world – what are you going to do, send them a photo of you fat with a note saying ‘look at me, I’ve got enough’! It makes no difference to the food or the starving children if it goes in the bin or in you – put it in the bin if there is too much not in you?
13. Decide you want to for the right reasons, for positive reasons and not for the NOT reasons. Because you want to, because you want to be fit and healthy, because you want to feel your best instead of because you DON’T want to be overweight, because you DON’T want to feel fat and bloated etc etc.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE AND BEING HAPPY ABOUT IT.
Lose weight with hypnotherapy
Most people can lose weight “when they put their mind to it” – if that statement resonates with you, then this 12 week course is for you.
The question you need to be asking are
- ‘Exactly how do I get in the right frame of mind any time I want?’
- ‘How do I stop myself from relapsing into binging on unhealthy foods or ‘cheating’?’
- ‘How can just eat healthily without trying?’
Answer these questions then losing weight and sticking with a healthy lifestyle becomes easy.
Weight loss with hypnotherapy takes a completely different approach from any weight loss group or programme you might have encountered before. We don’t focus on the food, we focus on the psychology because the decisions of exactly what and how much to each come from your mind. Master your mind and the rest falls into place.
As with all animals, we are all born with a behavioural template to search out food and eat. In primitive times this template would have been programmed to feast when there was an abundance of food or to cope with a fast in times of famine.
In our modern ‘western’ world, famine is uncommon, but with constant availability of food, it is not surprising that this template gets distorted and there is a tendency to overeat. Weight and overeating are rarely about the food it’s often triggered by associations with other emotional issues or feelings of being out of control in other areas of your life.
The Weight Loss Workshop addresses the psychology of eating from yoyo dieting, learned behaviours, food addictions, attitude to habits and associations.
You will learn about vital chemical and hormonal imbalances that cause you to retain fat,
You will discover the secret of your appetite ‘off switch’ and how to activate it.
When you learn how to lose weight with hypnotherapy, you also learn how to make the adjustments necessary to easily manage your weight permanently. You lose weight naturally and safely – no more damaging yoyo-ing.
Number of Weeks
Every Tuesday 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Next Start Date :
Tuesday 3rd April 2018
£20 per session
(payable in 4 week blocks in advance)
Kingshill House, Kent Road,
Old Town, Swindon SN1 4NH
Maximum Course Size:
Workshop Instructor :
Emma Triplett DHP HPD MNCH(Reg)
Clinical Hypnotherapist & Psychotherapist
Hypnosis is a natural but nonetheless powerful tool in helping you to let go of unwanted unhealthy habits and set positive intentions at a subconscious level.
Each session concludes with a relaxing hypnosis session that helps motivate you in your goals and keep you on track. You will leave each session feeling relaxed, happy, content and motivated instead of diving into the first chip shop to reward yourself for losing 2 lbs.
Every delegate also receives hypnosis tracks to use at home in between the weekly sessions
“I had been considering Hypnotherapy for weight loss for some time and a friend recommended Emma, although I was initially nervous it was one of the best decisions I’ve made.
I’ve had a constant battle with my weight for years and i could get so far on my own and then the weight would slowly creep back on. Emma helped me to learn why my brain works the way it does and what I needed to do to keep myself on track.
The hypnotherapy itself is the most amazing feeling and every week i would leave feeling 10 feet tall and ready to tackle anything, if Emma could bottle this feeling she would be a millionaire!!
My weight is steadily coming off and I’m well on my way, and I know if I stumble with my new positive attitude I can get straight back on it.
I cannot recommend Hypnotherapy enough and especially with Emma, go on give it a try!!” Louise*
* Individual results may vary, please read our disclaimer page for further details.
You need to book your place because numbers are limited, but you can attend the first session and decide at the end of the first ‘therapy’ section it if the Weight Loss Workshop is something you want to continue with. If not, you can leave before the first hypnosis session and not pay at all.