Statement of IntentThis policy sets out how we at Old Town Hypnotherapy Ltd use and protect the information that you provide when you use our services and our websiteIt is our intention to ensure that any data you provide is managed respectfully, kept secure and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.This policy will be updated from time to time in line with prevailing legislation.When you contact us via our website, phone or email we will collect your:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Nearest Branch
- Any information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry.
What we do with this informationWe use this information in order to make contact with you to discuss your requirements.We may also use this information to improve our services.If you choose to go ahead with an appointment we will use a form called an Initial Consultation form.
In the initial consultation document we will ask forYour name, address, telephone and email contact details so that we may contact you during the time we are working together.Your GP contact details and health information: there are some conditions which are contraindicated for hypnotherapy.Your ICE (in Case Of Emergency) contact details: this is used very rarely and only in emergency situations.You will also be asked to tick a box if you wish to receive promotional/further information about our services or about well being in general. If you do not tick this box we will not contact you.In the course of our sessions we will make a note of information you provide to us in order that we can plan future sessions and produce scripts which will be used in session.
Online free productsWhen you respond to an offer for any free product you are also opting in to receive information about hypnotherapy and wellbeing, the weekly articles, product and marketing information. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every email.
Products purchased onlineWhen you purchase any product online we may also send you information about related products. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every email.
Your RightsUnder the General Data Protection Regulations which are effective from 25th May 2018 you have the following rights:The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- the right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy)
- the right of access (if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to email@example.com, the Data Processor. We will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request)
- the right to rectification (this is your right to request changes to any information we hold thatis factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information we hold about you is incorrect then please let us know as soon as possible and we will make the appropriate changes
- the right to erasure (given the nature of our work we are required to hold our details for a period of 7 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed.)
- the right to restrict processing (we will only use the information for the purposes that we have stated: most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of “greater good”. If in the therapist’s opinion there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others, your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure safety of relevant parties would be disclosed, Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality
- the right to data portability: we will not share your information, other than in the situations described above, without your specific consent
- the right to object (we will not contact you for marketing purposes if you have asked us not to do so)
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (we will not use your information for profiling purposes).